The office is now open 9:00 am-3:00 pm Mon-Thur
For office matters outside of these hours, please call 614-889-2221 to leave a message.
Message from the Bishops of Ohio
Message from the Bishops of Ohio:
OBLIGATION TO ATTEND MASS IS REINSTATED. Together, the Bishops of Ohio have decided that the general obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation (including the Sunday/Vigil Mass) is to be reinstated (CIC, can. 1247). This will take effect in each of the Dioceses of Ohio the weekend of June 5-6, 2021. As has always been the case, those who have a serious reason are exempt from attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2181) This includes those who are ill, have significant health risk factors or care for someone who is immune-compromised or ill, as well those who have significant fear or anxiety of contracting the coronavirus in a large group of persons.
THE COLUMBUS DIOCESE HAS RELEASED NEW COVID GUIDELINES: St. Peter Parish will implement and introduce the new guidelines gradually. Updates will be posted in the bulletin, on Flocknote and on the parish website.
1. Masks and face coverings are no longer required, but may be worn. Sanitizer and extra masks will be available for those who choose to use them. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
2. Use of the Offertory Baskets, and Offertory Procession have resumed.
3. The Sign of Peace has resumed.
4. Live Streaming of Mass will be reduced to include only the 9:00 a.m. Mass.
5. All pews have been opened for seating during Mass.
Just as you will experience everywhere in the State as Ohio begins to gradually return to economic and social life, you will find much to have temporarily and indefinitely changed in our church and at Mass.