St. Peter Council 11216
Who Are We?
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic men's fraternal organization whose basic principles are Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The St. Peter Council of the Knights of Columbus holds its business meeting in the Red Room on the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 PM (for members). Our Knights of Columbus Council sponsors a variety of programs to benefit the parish, its parishioners and the community.
What Do We Do?
- Catholic University Scholarship program: Through its fund-raising efforts the Council presents scholarships each year to deserving high school seniors who will be attending a Catholic university or college. The easiest way to help contribute to the scholarship program is through the Kroger Rewards Program. There is no cost to enter the program and it does not effect other rewards programs such as Fuel Rewards. To enroll for the first time log in to Kroger’s website at www.krogercommunityrewards.com, select COLUMBUS, OHIO and then select “enroll” or “re-enroll” and follow the instructions. Our organization number is MU189. Note that you must re-enroll annually to stay in the program.
- Measure Up Campaign: The Knights collect contributions to be used for the benefit of special needs youth in the local community as well as the Columbus Diocese.
- The Knights sponsor and conduct the Annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children of the parish.
- The Knights sponsor a Basketball Free Throw Championship each year in the McEwen Center.
- The Knights provide a Bible to each of the seventh graders who participate in the Parish School of Religion and to each senior who attends the Senior Luncheon hosted by the St. Peter Youth Group.
- There is no more highly rated insurer in North America than the Knights of Columbus. A.M. Best has bestowed on us their highest rating (A++, Superior) for 35 consecutive years.
- The Knights assist with many parish activities. For example: parish Bloodmobile, parish Picnic and Donut Sundays.
Why Join the Knights of Columbus?
Would you like to have over 140 brothers locally and millions world-wide?
- The St. Peter Council has over 140 members. We are one of the most active councils in the state of Ohio. That said, the organization extends well beyond our parish and includes over 2 million members world-wide.
- Would you like to be active in a rewarding, faith-based organization?
If the answer is Yes, the Knights of Columbus can add value to your interests. New members bring new ideas and enthusiasm to our council! Even with a full calendar, you can contribute to worthy causes in a way that supports our families, parish, and Catholicity while at the same time having fun!
If interested, contact one of our knights and/or join online at kofc.org/joinus (enter council # 11216).
Find out More:
- Visit our facebook page: Council 11216 Facebook
- Visit Supreme’s Website: www.kofc.org or KofC: Who We Are
- Or ask one of the knights for additional information on who we are, what we do and how to join the Knights of Columbus!
- Email Matt Rubal at [email protected] or contact via Flocknote with any questions